A challenge many manufacturers or distributors face is telling customers about their products beyond the specification or cut sheet. One-way manufacturers can tackle this problem is with a compelling advertorial written for industry publications or catalogs. One often gains more product understanding from an advertorial as it provides elements far beyond spec or cut sheet descriptions.
As products come to market with unique sales propositions (USPs), tailoring the message of the USP can become quite a challenge. It’s often not black and white to customers as to the solutions the product or service provides. An advertorial offers a lengthier message and positioning statement to highlight these solutions, takes a deeper look into a products characteristics, and offers a deeper knowledge.
Advisist is skilled at outlining a system or customer challenge and how specific hardware or software products from a manufacturer can solve the problem. We outline use cases and applications where products excel, making the customer’s life easier.
The goal of the advertoial needs to be defined upfront in order to outline the targeted audience reaction. The goal could be a call to action asking a potential customer to provide contact information to download additional information, submit a contact request form, or put them in touch with a dealer in their area. Whatever the goal, Advisist can create an advertorial that helps convert leads, build brand awareness, and promote products for your company. The examples below show advertorials written when Bradford, our founder, was working for Harman Professional.
- All Aboard! HARMAN Advanced Audio Transforms Today’s Cruise Ship Experience – July 15, 2016
- Take Me Out to the Stadium – August 25, 2016
- Not Your Parents’ Theme Park – August 29, 2016
- Tech Talks: The Role of “Invisible AVL” at Theme Parks – October 5, 2016
- Tech Talks: Leveraging the Network at Themed Attractions – October 10, 2016
- How to Manage AVL Systems, Part One: Troubleshooting and Prevention – September 5, 2017
- How to Manage AVL Systems, Part Two: Tools and Methods – September 13, 2017
Note: Bradford was employed by a company with strict non-disclosure rules from March 2018 through November 2020. He reduced his writing for that period of time at their request.